Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Swim Caps and other Swim topics.
Do you swim with your hair in a swim cap? Do you sometimes find you get a headache after having the cap on for a long time? There are several things you can do to make using a swim cap the best option and most comfortable for you. If you have long hair and wear a swim cap, don't put it in a ponytail or elastic before putting on your swim cap. Instead, try this method:
• Get the cap wet first, inside and out.
• With your hair down, pull the cap over your head from front to back.
• Place the inside edge of the cap in the middle of your forehead.
• Stretch the cap over the crown and back of your head.
• Make sure the back inside edge rests just above your hairline at the base of your neck.
• Using one hand, twist or grab your hair altogether and push it up inside the back of the cap.
• Use the other hand to lift the cap out slightly and allow your hair to be pushed inside the cap.
• After all of your hair is inside, readjust it and push it around with your fingers on the outside.
This will allow a better resting place for your goggle straps without a ponytail or hair elastic in the way, and will not create a pressure point that will get more painful and give you a headache the longer you have the swim cap on.
Hi my name is jessica and i have a major difficulty on putting on my swimming cap... I have long hair and although i read alot of sites that tell you exactly how to put on a cap i still struggle... Please help me out here and maybe post or give me a URL link to a place where there is step by stem pictures of how to put on a cap.. Or if its possible post s few here...Please.. Thank you
|Sheri Ann Richerson|